This cozy crockpot Bourbon Chicken is sweet, savory, and easy to make. When I first made Bourbon Chicken, I was skeptical. I've tried a lot of recipes in the crockpot for chicken that just left me thinking it was okay, and then I wouldn't even touch the leftovers because I just didn't enjoy it very much.
This recipe however, I felt was divine and after I made it the first time I couldn't wait to make it again. Plus, you know it's delicious if someone goes for seconds and then eats all the leftovers the next day.
There’s something irresistible about the rich, slightly sweet flavor of bourbon chicken. Made in the crockpot, this recipe transforms simple ingredients into a tender, flavorful meal that feels both special and effortless. The slow-cooked chicken soaks up all the delicious sauce, making each bite perfectly juicy and comforting.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to throw together. While the crockpot does all the work, you can relax, prep a side dish, or just enjoy the cozy aroma filling your kitchen. It’s the kind of meal that makes weeknights feel a little more indulgent without adding extra stress.
This bourbon chicken recipe is versatile, so feel free to tweak it to your taste. Add extra garlic, a splash of soy sauce for a deeper umami flavor, or toss in some vegetables to make it a complete, cozy one-pot meal. Whether served over rice, mashed potatoes, or even noodles, it’s a recipe that invites comfort and warmth with every bite.
Recipe
| Ingredient | Amount |
|---|---|
| Chicken | 3 pounds, cut into pieces |
| Green Onion | 1/2 cup, sliced |
| Ginger | 1/2 teaspoon, fresh is best |
| Garlic Cloves | 4 cloves, minced |
| Brown Sugar | 1/4 cup |
| Soy Sauce | 1/4 cup |
| Apple Juice | 1/3 cup |
| Honey | 1 1/2 tablespoons |
| Ketchup | 1/4 cup |
| Bourbon | 1/4 cup |
| Red Pepper Flakes | 1/2 teaspoon |
| Salt | 1/2 teaspoon |
| Pepper | 1/2 teaspoon |
- Mix ingredients in the crockpot (excluding cornstarch and green onions).
- Place the chicken in the crockpot with the sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Create cornstarch slurry (mix cornstarch with water).
- Mix the cornstarch slurry into the crockpot.
- Cook for a few minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice or with a side of veggies.
Final Thoughts
This crockpot bourbon chicken is simple, flavorful, and perfect for any night you want a cozy, comforting meal with minimal effort. Serve it with your favorite sides, and enjoy a warm, delicious dinner that feels like a little treat for yourself.
Thanks for stopping by my cozy kitchen today! I hope this Crockpot Bourbon Chicken brings a little warmth and comfort to your table. ๐
✨ LITTLE SHOP HERE ✨
Find the cozy essentials I love — planners, mugs, blankets, and more. These are all trusted favorites — some links are affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
- ☕ Vegetable Chopper
- ๐ซ Mixing Bowls
- ๐️ Silicone Utensil Set
- ๐งถ Stainless Steel Cutting Boards

Comments
Post a Comment